How to Hang Wood Blinds Without Brackets
- Drill two holes through the face of the head rail approximately 1 inch inward from each end.
- Place the head rail over the top window trim and center it over the window.
- Drill pilot holes into the top window trim with the drill and a drill bit approximately half the size of your screws.
can you hang blinds without a drill? Follow these simple guidelines for how to hang blinds without drilling holes, and you‘ll never look back: Remove the cover from each bracket, Left and Right are highlighted on each bracket. When positioning the bracket make sure the back end is at least 30mm away from the window frame.
Consequently, how do you cut a shade?
Cutting down the slats
- Align the slats so that they are even.
- Using a clamp or rubber bands, secure the slats together into position.
- Wrap the slats with masking tape to prevent chipping.
- Measure where you want to cut and mark a line with your pencil.
- Lay them on the saw and line up the blade where you need to cut.
Can you hang blinds with command strips?
Command Hooks Command hooks are a super popular way to hang no-hole curtain rods (see this article and this tutorial post from the Happier Homemaker). They can also work for hanging your blackout shades. Once you have your loops, you can use them to hang the shade in the hooks. Super easy.
What are projection brackets for blinds?
Extension brackets are used with the regular mounting brackets included with your blinds. they provide additional clearance for obstacles such as window cranks, trim, etc. Carefully read the installation instructions included with your blinds before installation.
What is the difference between INTU and perfect fit blinds?
Perfect Fit vs. INTU Blinds: INTU Blinds have a lot in common with Perfect Fit Blinds, but unlike PF Blinds, INTU Blinds do not clip into the frame. Instead, they have a surface fitted plastic cover that is fitted at the top of the windows, as well as an inbuilt slider that operates the tilt function of the blinds.
Can I drill into a vinyl window frame to hang blinds?
If you have vinyl windows, you won’t be able to screw the brackets directly into the vinyl channel that holds the window. The vinyl is not strong enough to hold the weight of the blinds. Fix the brackets to the top or sides of the inside opening or install them outside the opening.
Do I need a drill to install blinds?
A screwdriver is all that is needed to install your blinds, or for an easier installation, you can use a cordless screwdriver, or a drill with a 1/4-inch Hex head drill bit. Space your valance clips evenly, avoiding contact with any mechanism inside the top of the blind.