Communication with 350.org Regarding Open Transparency/Funding

Hi Jamie,

My number is [removed for privacy].

Be prepared for a lot of construction noise.

Cory

From: Jamie Henn [mailto:jamesonhenn@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 2:12 PM
To: Cory Morningstar
Subject: Re: Question | Time Sensitive Response

Hey Cory — I’m in the road right now so phone is easier for me at the moment. What’s a good number to reach you at? I’d like to clarify some things with you verbally so I’m sure we’re on the same page.

Cheers,

Jamie

Sent from my mobile.
On Aug 20, 2010, at 9:11 AM, “Cory Morningstar” <elle-provocateur@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hi Jamie,

May has sent me over to you to answer the questions below.  I would prefer an email response for 2 reasons: 1) I’m currently in a construction zone (sewer work) and my house shakes and vibrates every day from 7am to 7pm, and 2) I do not wish to misinterpret or miss communicate your response to the questions.

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

I also have two more questions in addition to the questions below that I addresses to May.

1) Why was it considered acceptable to receive money from the Rockefeller Foundation, given that the source of the money is from oil and construction?

2) What pressure have you experienced from external bodies to keep the figure at 350ppm, rather than the lower figure endorsed by Hansen et al?

Many thanks,

Cory

From: mayboeve@gmail.com [mailto:mayboeve@gmail.com] On Behalf Of May Boeve
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:32 PM
To: Cory Morningstar
Subject: Re: Question | Time Sensitive Response

Dear Cory,

350.org‘s Communications Director is the best person to handle this. His name is Jamie Henn and he’s based in Oakland. What’s a good number for him to reach you at so he can go over this information?

best,

May

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Cory Morningstar <elle-provocateur@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hi May,

I’m currently working on a document, which analyzes the climate movement we see today and how it has evolved from its inception.

While in Cochabamba, at the World’s People Conference on Climate Change,  I met the 350 México coordinator Marcelo Quintanilla.

He conveyed to me that he was an unpaid volunteer and paid his own expenses.  He conveyed to me, that 350.org was a group of approximately 10 people (inclusive of Bill McKibben and Kelly Blynn) and that they were all volunteers and no one was paid for their work.

Is this correct?

I’m asking because when I looked for an annual report outlining the 350.org – Sustainable Markets Foundation finances, I did not locate any reports.  Does 350.org – Sustainable Markets Foundation give full disclosure to their members and the public?  If so, can you please send me this information.

I found the Rockefeller grants below.  Are there any other funders (aside from small donations from individuals not connected to foundations) who donate money / award grants to 350.org – Sustainable Markets Foundation?  If so, could I please have the financial details.

Step it Up and 350.org – Sustainable Market Foundation

• $100,000 for 1 year awarded on March 13, 2008 to support its project, Step it Up’s new initiative called Project 350
  • $100,000 for 1 year awarded on March 3, 2009 for its Project 350
  • $200,000 for 1 year awarded on March 12, 2009 for its climate accountability project, The Sustainable Market Foundation
  • $75,000 for 1 year  awarded on November 7, 2009 for its project 350.org
  • $25,000 for 1 year awarded on March 22, 2010 for its Eco-Accountability project
  • $100,000 for 1 year awarded on June 17, 2010 for its 350.org project

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Cory Morningstar

—–
May Boeve
350.org
Skype: may.boeve

“It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.”
-Oscar Wilde

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG – www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3076 – Release Date: 08/17/10 02:35:00

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG – www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3083 – Release Date: 08/20/10 02:35:00

About admin